Jackie Chan planning a musical on his life
New York: Hollywood action star Jackie Chan, who is all set to visit India this month, is currently writing a stage adaptation of his best-selling memoir `I Am Jackie Chan`.
The musical will chronicle the lives of his parents, his early education at the Peking Opera School and his rise to stardom through music, the Hollywood Reporter said.
"We are looking for a director for the musical right now. It`s all very exciting," he told reporters at a press conference at the Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office in New York.
The press conference was part of Chan`s two-day swing through New York, which also included a Lincoln Center reception celebrating Hong Kong Cinema on June 10, at which Chan was a guest of honour.
The musical will be told through his voice as narrator of his life, focusing on his early youth, his time spent performing acrobatics with the children`s performance group the Seven Little Fortunes and his quest to step out from behind the shadow of the iconic Bruce Lee.
Chan is also working on the follow-up to his 1998 autobiography, which is tentatively titled `I Am Still Jackie Chan`.
"The original book was 15 years ago, and my career has been very very exciting and interesting since then," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PIA plane crashes near Abbottabad; singer Junaid Jamshed feared dead
- Hrithik Roshan's new song 'Kaabil Hoon Main' is soft and soothing!
- Mahira Khan will promote 'Raees' only if it is necessary, says producer
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Katrina Kaif in one frame is a sight to behold!
- Cheap Fast Food places to visit in Mumbai
- Jayalalithaa death: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays sand art tribute to the iconic leader
- Maharashtra government mulling to start Mangeshkar 'school of music'
- New York museum to exhibit largest collective chant of 'Om'
- Author Ruskin Bond gets Lifetime Achievement Award, bats for climate change
- Goa International Jazz Live Festival to begin today