Jailbirds` show mesmerises Amitabh at film fest inauguration
Kolkata: He played a jailbird in many of his films and on saturday, Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan, in the company of Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma watched a dance drama by prisoners at the inauguration of the 18th Kolkata International Film Festival here Saturday.
Bachchan, the chief guest at the festival, enjoyed the eight-minute dance drama, an excerpt from Rabindranath Tagore`s ‘Valmiki Pratibha’ directed by dancer and choreographer Alakananda Roy.
The dance drama at the Netaji Indoor Stadium was the inspirational story of the dacoit Ratnakar and his eventual transformation into a `valmiki` (sage).
The group of 48 dancers are inmates of the city correctional homes.
"Thank you all for appreciating the artists in them (prisoners). With your love and their hard work they can ignite the artists in them," Roy said.
"Let us give them a second chance, if not a third. Let`s not push them aside, rather forgive their follies and inspire and wish them for a new beginning," added Roy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer 'Manto' a very big project for me: Nandita Das
- Motherhood teaches you priorities in life: Farah Khan
- Chetan Bhagat shares a trivia about Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor's 'Half Girlfriend'
- Working with Amitabh Bachchan was always on my wish list: Esha Gupta
- 'Dangal' director's next film with Sajid Nadiadwala
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Celebrate the greatness of Lord Shiva by sending these WhatsApp messages
- Want to step out of friendzone? Follow these steps
- Holi special 2017: Plan your big bash with colours and much more!
- Happiness is all around! Here's how you can find it
- Dance-drama retells episodes from Lord Krishna's life