Jaipur to host first art summit
Jaipur: The eclectic city of Jaipur is ready to host eminent artists like Jatin Das, K. Muralidharan and Chintan Upadhyay for its inaugural edition of Jaipur Art Summit which begins here Nov 7.
The five-day festival is a joint effort of the Progressive Artists Group of Rajasthan and other artists from the state. The organisers are hoping that it will be an annual addition to the cultural events in the pink city.
"Jaipur is one of the eclectic cities and Rajasthan has always promoted its arts and crafts that come in various forms like music, fabric, jewellery and artifacts," Timmie Kumar, chairperson of Jaipur Art Summit said.
"Somehow our artists like Chintan have gone out of the state and received recognition. So we want them to get their due appreciation from the people here," she added.
The summit will display creative expressions in various formats like canvas, visual and digital art, art installations, sculptures, interactive art and other contemporary and folk-centric expressions.
"We aim to create a premier platform for modern and contemporary art while promoting dynamic talents across the country," said Kumar.
The festival will include a large gamut of artwork in different mediums.
It will open with a pan-India artists` exhibition where some 150 works of art will be displayed.
"Apart from their personal works, we have also sourced works of eminent artists like M.F. Husain from private collectors that will also be displayed," said Kumar.
There will also be a two-day seminar with speakers like Prayag Shukla, Asharfi Bhagat, Uma Nair, Alka Pande and Manglesh Dabral sharing their thoughts about the development of art.
Pic courtesy: www.indianetzone.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DJ Afrojack is coming to 'Rock the house' in 'Tomorrowland 2016'! Details inside
- Women still banned in this ancient Greek monastery, but why?– Read more
- Meet 'Banjo' ki duniya ka Bachchan Riteish Deshmukh! Teaser out now
- Pratyusha Banerjee suicide case: SC refuses to quash bail of Rahul Raj Singh
- Was petrified of kissing scene in 'Do Lafzon Ki Kahani': Kajal Aggarwal
- Modern Indian masters, rare art works at Christie's sale
- ‘Just married’ Bipasha Basu’s response to Raj Kundra’s ‘family planning’ question is epic!
- Katrina Kaif in swimsuit - Check out this pic
- Who is miffed with Vidya Balan for supporting Kangana Ranaut?
- Mother’s Day: Sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik pays beautiful tribute to Mothers