James Cameron making `Avatar` inspired live show
Los Angeles: Director James Cameron has collaborated with entertainment company Cirque du Soleil for an `Avatar` inspired live production, which will debut in late 2015.
The 59-year-old director, who helmed the the 2009 hit science fiction `Avatar`, is developing a live show on the lines of the film, reportedly.
"Avatar remains a phenomenon that continues to inspire people around the globe, and combining it with the live event ingenuity of Cirque du Soleil is a perfect synthesis of imagination and talent," said Jim Gianopulos, 20th Century Fox`s chief, in a statement.
20th Century Fox, the financier and distributor of `Avatar` and its planned sequels, will act as a partner on the live show, as will Jon Landau`s Lightstorm Entertainment.
The live event is expected to debut before the first of three announced `Avatar` sequels is released. Cameron is currently in pre-production on the follow-up.
Cameron said Cirque du Soleil and he share the goal of bringing audiences to another level of entertainment experiences.
"Over the years, I have discovered the extraordinary talents and imaginations of both the artists and the creative forces behind Cirque du Soleil," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kareena Kapoor Khan congratulates Shahid Kapoor on becoming a proud parent! Full story inside
- Here are some tips to style yourself in a Boho outfit
- Failure more special than success: Emraan Hashmi
- RIP Gene Wilder: Celebs mourns loss of 'funniest and sweetest energies ever'
- SMASH HIT: Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is still ruling the Box Office! – Details inside
- Christie's exhibition to highlight works of Raza, Gaitonde
- UN to issue stamp to mark Bharat Ratna MS Subbulakshmi's birth centenary
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Legendary artist S H Raza passes away
- Revealed! Vincent Van Gogh cut off his ear and gave it to Gabrielle Berlatier