Johnny Cash `forever` stamp goes on sale
Washington: A "forever" stamp honoring country music legend Johnny Cash will go on sale from Wednesday, coinciding with the end of a yearlong celebration of the Man in Black`s life and career.
A free public concert in Nashville by family and friends of the singer also will honour his six-decade career, Fox News reported.
The 46-cent stamp will feature a 1963 image of Cash shot by Frank Bez during the photo session for the album `Ring of Fire: The Best of Johnny Cash.`
Cash`s son, John Carter Cash, said the stamp is unusual, and therefore appropriate for his father`s legacy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Playing Sikh man in a serious film was tough: Vir Das
- Hansal Mehta reveals Rajkummar's look from 'Omerta' on his birthday
- Amitabh Bachchan to host 'Savdhaan India'
- Sonakshi Sinha will emerge as role model: Shatrughan Sinha
- Alia Bhatt to turn 'Dulhania' for Badrinath aka Varun Dhawan one more time! Picture blast
- Sudarsan Pattnaik wins prize in Moscow sand art show for 'Mahatma Gandhi - World Peace' sculpture
- Padamsee and Gaitonde among masters at Saffronart's auction
- Christie's exhibition to highlight works of Raza, Gaitonde
- UN to issue stamp to mark Bharat Ratna MS Subbulakshmi's birth centenary
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity