Judy Garland’s ‘Wizard of Oz’ ruby slippers could rake in $3 mn at auction
Washington: The iconic ruby slippers that Judy Garland wore in ‘The Wizard of Oz’ are expected to fetch upto 3 million dollars at an auction in December.
According to the Los Angeles Times, the slippers, one of the only four pairs used on-screen that are known to have survived since the making of the 1939 film, are expected to sell for between 2 and 3 million dollars when they go under the hammer on December 15-17.
According to Entertainment Weekly, which says that the pair has some ‘one-of-a-kind touches’, “the inside lining reads ‘#7 Judy Garland’ and the leather soles are painted red on the bottom”.
The LA Times revealed that there is evidence that Garland wore the slippers in the close-up shots, in which she memorably had tapped her heels together to return to Kansas.
“They’re also believed to be the same pair on the witch feet sticking out from under Dorothy’s house earlier in the movie,” Fox News quoted the paper as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Rohan Mehra instigates India wale Manu Punjabi, Navin Prakash and Manveer Gurjar
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu gears up for the festival of lights– Here’s how
- Court dismisses complaint against AjayDevgn over 'Shivaay' song
- Brad Pitt child abuse case: Investigation extends due to new accusation
- Awwdorable: Kushal Tandon, Gauahar Khan's Twitter conversation is too cute to miss