Justin Bieber`s statue to be removed from Madame Tussauds
New York: Pop star Justin Bieber`s wax statue will be removed from the Madame Tussauds museum here as the bosses feel that the showcase "no longer does justice" to the singer or the attraction.
Bret Pidgeon, general manager - Madame Tussauds, said: "This is disappointing, but hopefully we can welcome a new `grown-up` Justin back to the attraction in the near future."
The 19-year-old`s display at the wax museum here has been groped, fondled and grabbed by fans and as a result the exhibit organisers had to withdraw his dummy from display, reports nypost.com.
"With no ropes or barriers to stop them, thousands of fans have had their photographs taken with him since then - but it has taken its toll," said a source.
Madame Tussauds New York states that the figure has been damaged over the years and, despite regular maintenance, "it no longer does justice either to the star or to the attraction", and so the museum has reluctantly decided to remove it.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 47: Survival fight continues, inmates stumped by surprise exit!
- Tough times in India: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra on intolerance row
- Response to 'Wazir' trailer makes Bejoy Nambiar 'ecstatic'
- Salman's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' outraces lifetime earnings of '3 Idiots'
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik to throw 'pee' on Kishwer in upcoming episode!