Katie Holmes’ Broadway play `Dead Accounts` flops
New York: Katie Holmes’ Broadway play ‘Dead Accounts,’ which opened last month will bring down its curtain on January 6- a full seven weeks ahead of schedule and just 44 regular performances.
The play opened on November 29 to mixed reviews, and reports say that the show’s closure is due to poor ticket sales.
The Post’s theater critic Elisabeth Vincentelli said of Holmes’ performance that the 34-year-old actress had got one note - shrill, impatient - and she yelled it at top volume, which made a vein bulge on her slender neck.
She also said that with its cardboard characters and implausible developments, ‘Dead Accounts’ felt like a rough first draft, the New York Post reported.
The show had been touted as a comeback for Holmes after her high-profile, divorce from Tom Cruise earlier in the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!
- The Crew movie review: Visually rich, entertaining
- Sunny Leone does a 'Laila' with Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan on 'Bigg Boss 10'! Pic proof
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Book lovers go gaga as cine-star Rishi Kapoor takes centrestage at Zee Jaipur Literature Festival
- Jallikattu ban: AR Rahman fasts to support the spirit of Tamil Nadu!
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: ‘The Sellout' took an emotional toll on me, says Paul Beatty
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: We are living in best time of human history, says Sadhguru