Katie Holmes` play `Dead Accounts` to close early
Los Angeles: Hollywood actress Katie Holmes` latest Broadway gig will end earlier than planned.
Producers of the play `Dead Accounts` have announced that it will close on January 6, seven weeks before the scheduled date of February 24, reported Ace Showbiz.
Written by Theresa Rebeck and directed by Jack O`Brien, the comedy received mixed reviews when it premiered on November 29. The play also stars Judy Greer, Jayne Houdyshell, Josh Hamilton and Norbert Leo Butz.
"Theresa Rebeck and Jack O`Brien have created an inspiring and hilarious new play and we are all sad to see `Dead Accounts` end on Broadway. I look forward to working with this remarkably talented cast and creative team again very soon," producer Jeffrey Finn said in a statement.
The play marked 33-year-old Holmes` return to Broadway following her debut in 2008 through `All My Sons`.
Reacting to the people`s response to the hugely-anticipated premiere, the actress had said, "You know, it feels really exciting. So many friends and family were here supporting and that means so much. And this cast is so wonderful. It`s just a real pleasure to be part of this."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Never wrote open letter to PM about Dawood: Sunil Grover
- Have to be obsessive to play a character: Shah Rukh Khan
- Hrithik Roshan judges his films with first copy itself
- Honesty, sincerity behind 'Dangal' worked in its favour: Director Nitesh Tiwari
- Bollywood stars praise Yuvraj Singh's incredible century!
- 10th Jaipur Literature Festival kicks off in style; Gulzar, Anne Waldman deliver keynote address
- Jallikattu ban: More Tamil celebrities lend support for traditional sport
- Raj Kapoor loved his cinema, booze, leading ladies: Rishi Kapoor
- Makar Sankranti, Pongal, Bihu wishes throng Twitter; look who said what!
- Book on Swami Vivekananda launched on his 154th birth anniversary