Kerala classical arts festival starts in Dubai
Dubai: A five-day International Koodiyattam and Kathakali Festival (IKKF), showcasing the ancient and highly structured classical performing arts of Kerala, began in Dubai Thursday, a media report said.
The seventh edition of Kerala`s classical arts festival is being held at the GEMS Wellington International School in Dubai, The National reported on its website.
This year, the festival`s highlight is Nalacharitham, a performance by Kathakali dancers of the story of Nala, king of Nishadha, and Damayanti, his wife, which forms an episode in the epic Mahabharata.
Well-known Kathakali dancer Kalamandalam Gopi will perform on the fifth day of the festival.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan has every right to be worried, says Aparna Sen
- 'Jai Gangaajal' is my way of protesting, says Prakash Jha
- Everyone has right to an opinion, except a celebrity: Sonu Nigam
- 'Roadies' to make journey on cars in 'MTV Roadies X4'
- Watch: Varun, Kriti's party anthem 'Manma Emotion Jaage' from 'Dilwale'