Kerala classical arts festival starts in Dubai
Dubai: A five-day International Koodiyattam and Kathakali Festival (IKKF), showcasing the ancient and highly structured classical performing arts of Kerala, began in Dubai Thursday, a media report said.
The seventh edition of Kerala`s classical arts festival is being held at the GEMS Wellington International School in Dubai, The National reported on its website.
This year, the festival`s highlight is Nalacharitham, a performance by Kathakali dancers of the story of Nala, king of Nishadha, and Damayanti, his wife, which forms an episode in the epic Mahabharata.
Well-known Kathakali dancer Kalamandalam Gopi will perform on the fifth day of the festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss season 10: Salman Khan blasts Swami Om; Sahil Anand evicted!
- Check out these 10 essential fashion life hacks that everyone should know!
- Here's how Aamir Khan plans to surprise Kiran Rao on their 11th wedding anniversary!
- Shah Rukh Khan aka Miyan Bhai's dialoguebaazi from 'Raees' takes excitement up a notch!
- Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan to recreate 'Tamma Tamma' magic in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'!
- Dia Mirza joins 'Save the Children' as Artist Ambassador!
- Jayalalithaa death: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays sand art tribute to the iconic leader
- Maharashtra government mulling to start Mangeshkar 'school of music'
- New York museum to exhibit largest collective chant of 'Om'
- Author Ruskin Bond gets Lifetime Achievement Award, bats for climate change