Kerala classical arts festival starts in Dubai
Dubai: A five-day International Koodiyattam and Kathakali Festival (IKKF), showcasing the ancient and highly structured classical performing arts of Kerala, began in Dubai Thursday, a media report said.
The seventh edition of Kerala`s classical arts festival is being held at the GEMS Wellington International School in Dubai, The National reported on its website.
This year, the festival`s highlight is Nalacharitham, a performance by Kathakali dancers of the story of Nala, king of Nishadha, and Damayanti, his wife, which forms an episode in the epic Mahabharata.
Well-known Kathakali dancer Kalamandalam Gopi will perform on the fifth day of the festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Berlin International Film Festival: Amar Kaushik’s ‘Aaba’ wins international jury award
- Aashka Goradia to marry fiancé Brent Goble this year
- Farida Jalal slams death rumours, says ‘I am hale and hearty’
- Alia Bhatt celebrates grandmother’s 88th birthday, gives us some relationship goals
- Brangelina split: We're a family and we'll always be a family, says Angelina Jolie