Kerry Katona to play Marilyn Monroe in musical
London: Reality TV star Kerry Katona is all set to play Marilyn Monroe in a new musical based on the life of the iconic actress.
The `Atomic Kitten` singer announced it on her micro-blogging site Twitter that she had accepted the lead in upcoming production `Norma Jeane The Musical` by writer Belvedere Pashun, reported Contactmusic.
"I`m thrilled to have been given this opportunity to play one of the world`s biggest female icons and can`t wait to get to work.
"A successful career in drama has always been a main goal of mine and this role is a challenge but one I`m going to grab with both hands," she posted.
The show is set to preview later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deols should promote their films well, SRK told Dharmendra
- Spielberg's fan letter made Dwayne Johnson 'grin like a kid'
- 'Simpsons' creator Matt Groening sued by nanny for 'discrimination'
- Iggy Azalea slams media for trying to create 'beef' between her, Britney Spears
- 'Minions' filmmakers Chris Renaud wants to cast Chris Pratt as next 'villain'