Kerry Katona to play Marilyn Monroe in musical
London: Reality TV star Kerry Katona is all set to play Marilyn Monroe in a new musical based on the life of the iconic actress.
The `Atomic Kitten` singer announced it on her micro-blogging site Twitter that she had accepted the lead in upcoming production `Norma Jeane The Musical` by writer Belvedere Pashun, reported Contactmusic.
"I`m thrilled to have been given this opportunity to play one of the world`s biggest female icons and can`t wait to get to work.
"A successful career in drama has always been a main goal of mine and this role is a challenge but one I`m going to grab with both hands," she posted.
The show is set to preview later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tiger Shroff starrer 'A Flying Jatt' sequel on cards?
- Amazon Prime Video India partners with Vishesh Films
- Akshay Kumar's 'Gold' based on India's first olympic medal
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 694: Abhi saves Pragya yet again from getting killed
- I am completely against banning Pakistani actors in India: Dibakar Banerjee
- Designing for theatre different from films: Manish Malhotra
- Annual Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav opens on Oct 15
- Rajasthan International Folk Festival opens in Jodhpur
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's Ramlila programme cancelled over opposition
- Maa Durga’s blessings for our Jawans: See Sudarsan Pattnaik’s touching sand art