Kolkata soon to get museum like Madam Tussauds: Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: Kolkata will soon have a wax museum of its own on lines of the world famous Madame Tussauds, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said here Monday.
The wax museum would come up opposite Prakriti Tirtha - the Eco-Tourism Park at Rajarhat in the city`s north eastern outskirts - which was opened to the visitors January this year.
"Inspired by the Madame Tussauds, the world famous exponent of Wax Museum of London, we are creating our museum to allow photo opportunity to the visitors with famous personalities," said Banerjee.
The chief minister Dec 27 had inaugurated a butterfly park, a floating musical fountain and a unique mask garden which has masks from different countries and states at the Prakriti Tirtha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ row: Bollywood celebrities slam CBFC decision
- Guardians The Superheroes movie review: Russian replica of 'X-Men' series
- 'Anaarkali of Aaarah' will appeal to all sections: Swara Bhaskar
- Vishal Bharadwaj is very sensitive: Kangana Ranaut
- Worth taking all the risk: Deepika Padukone on 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' success
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays tribute to Lord Shiva with sand art
- Mahashivaratri: TV celebs on how Lord Shiva inspires them
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: How to celebrate this auspicious day if you are working
- Veteran Arun Kakade selected for META Lifetime Achievement
- Amazing things you can try in SPRING season!