Kolkata soon to get museum like Madam Tussauds: Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: Kolkata will soon have a wax museum of its own on lines of the world famous Madame Tussauds, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said here Monday.
The wax museum would come up opposite Prakriti Tirtha - the Eco-Tourism Park at Rajarhat in the city`s north eastern outskirts - which was opened to the visitors January this year.
"Inspired by the Madame Tussauds, the world famous exponent of Wax Museum of London, we are creating our museum to allow photo opportunity to the visitors with famous personalities," said Banerjee.
The chief minister Dec 27 had inaugurated a butterfly park, a floating musical fountain and a unique mask garden which has masks from different countries and states at the Prakriti Tirtha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 731: Robbers threaten to kill Pragya
- Box Office report: Opening day collections of Ranveer Singh's 'Befikre' are out!
- Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor's 'OK Jaanu' new poster is too cute to handle!
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan to come together! No, we are not talking abt a film
- Dia Mirza joins 'Save the Children' as Artist Ambassador!
- Jayalalithaa death: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays sand art tribute to the iconic leader
- Maharashtra government mulling to start Mangeshkar 'school of music'
- New York museum to exhibit largest collective chant of 'Om'
- Author Ruskin Bond gets Lifetime Achievement Award, bats for climate change