Lady Gaga portraits auctioned
New York: Pop star Lady Gaga`s "video portraits" raised over $1 million at an auction at Watermill Center here.
Director Robert Wilson put on display ‘23 Video Portraits of Lady Gaga’ series at his annual Watermill Center gala in the Hamptons at the weekend. The auction of the controversial images turned were a hit, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
The ‘23 Video Portraits of Lady Gaga’ were first shown at Paris` Louvre in November.
"As an artist I`ve been dazzled by recently is Lady Gaga. She is highly disciplined and a perfectionist, and she has an inner concentration and beauty. She also speaks text brilliantly; her diction is perfect.
"I had her read text of the Marquis de Sade. She asked me how to do it, and I said, `Fast, with 20 repeats of this line, five repeats of that.` Her ability to count and speak rapidly is astonishing," said Wilson.
The work will be on display at the Watermill Center until Sep 14.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tough times in India: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra on intolerance row
- Response to 'Wazir' trailer makes Bejoy Nambiar 'ecstatic'
- Salman's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' outraces lifetime earnings of '3 Idiots'
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik to throw 'pee' on Kishwer in upcoming episode!
- We're going back to dark ages: Emraan Hashmi on film censorship