Maha Kumbh was crash course in Hinduism: French filmmaker
New Delhi: French documentary maker Diego Bunuel, who spent 21 days at the ongoing Maha Kumbh, the largest gathering of people in the world, in Allahabad, said it was more like a crash course in Hinduism.
Diego, 38, was in the holy city in Uttar Pradesh to shoot an hour-long documentary "Inside The Mahakumbh" that covers the scale, details, quirks and moments of Maha Kumbh. It will be aired on National Geographic Channel March 4 and he will host it for the channel.
Speaking about his experiences at the Kumbh, Diego said "the trip was like receiving a crash course in Hinduism".
"Unlike Europe, where religion needs revival, in India it`s very much alive and has a diversity that can encompass everyone," added Diego, who is of Spanish-French origin and grew up in the US harbouring a passion for travel and journalism.
He was also impressed by the logistics of the event, the facilities being provided at the location and the way the authorities managed such huge crowds with promptness.
He felt it was "nothing less than a commendable military operation".
The filmmaker also felt that there is no need to revive the religion and culture here because he saw people "living it as part of their daily life".
Dubbed in 26 languages, the documentary will be broadcast in 68 countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bollywood wishes love to Karan Johar on his birthday
- Nandita Das on Cannes recce to find producers for film on Manto
- Happy Birthday to the masterly Karan Johar!
- Anupam Kher rejoices 31 years in Bollywood
- Bollywood chants 'Mumbai Mumbai' as Mumbai Indians lift IPL crown
- First Look: Striking and suave Irrfan Khan in 'Jazbaa'
- Simon Cowell shares cute pic with son on Twitter
- Milla Jovovich has daughter baptized
- Legendary actor Omar Sharif suffering from Alzheimer's disease
- I've no regrets over sexist lyrics: Snoop Dogg
- Gary Barlow sings at fan's wedding
- John Stamos 'heartbroken'
- Selena Gomez eyeing reality show with Kris Jenner
- Bruce Greenwood joins 'American Crime Story'
- Stamos sad that Olsen twins won't return for 'Fuller House'
- Puneet Issar approached for 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa'
- Excited that 'Dr Who' is finally in India: Steven Moffat
- Matthew Goode leaving 'The Good Wife'
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Sharon Osbourne taking month long break form 'The Talk'
- 'Supergirl' won't have cross over with 'Arrow' and 'The Flash'
- Time has come to quit 'Doctors': Ian Kelsey
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy