Maha Kumbh well organised, says French filmmaker Diego Bunuel
New Delhi: French documentary filmmaker Diego Bunuel has had an experience of a lifetime. He spent time at the ongoing Maha Kumbh, which takes place here every 12 years, and says he was surprised to see the "good" infrastructure.
Bunuel, 38, spent 21 days at the Kumbh Mela, one the largest religious gathering of the world. It is on in Allahabad.
He says it was like a mini city built out of nowhere, and admits that he was initially apprehensive about visiting the place.
"I was apprehensive because I was told that there will be millions and millions of people, but actually it is so well organised. There are roads, electricity, water and toilets," Bunuel said.
In his film, he said, he has highlighted the infrastructural aspects of the mela.
The documentary titled "Inside the Mahakumbh" will feature Bunuel`s experience of living with the Naga sadhus and learning about the intricacies of the rituals held there. It will be broadcast in 68 countries on National Geographic Channel in March. Its reach will be widened as it will be dubbed in 26 languages.
Bunuel is confident the hour-long documentary will appeal to people globally because it is "interesting".
"I think anything extraordinary is interesting to anyone. As human beings we like new things to see and witness. I am sure it will have very good reception," he said.
He feels lucky with the chance to tell the world about the "incredible" event that the Maha Kumbh is.
"My job is to tell people about this incredible event with unique history. With millions of people coming here. I interacted with people who were there and they taught me about the reason they come there," he said.
About his own experience, he said: "I spent 21 days there and it was very interesting. Before coming here, I did not have very good knowledge about it. I didn`t know about sadhus or Ganges and I am happy to have learnt these things. I think that is what makes this show special," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Sophie Choudry secretly engaged? Here's the truth
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- Benefits of face scrubs for men
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Hilarious: Sonakshi Sinha trolls Air India pilot on Snapchat! - Know why
- Christie's exhibition to highlight works of Raza, Gaitonde
- UN to issue stamp to mark Bharat Ratna MS Subbulakshmi's birth centenary
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Legendary artist S H Raza passes away
- Revealed! Vincent Van Gogh cut off his ear and gave it to Gabrielle Berlatier