Mahesh, Pooja Bhatt moved by `Daddy` play
Mumbai: Father and daughter duo Mahesh and Pooja Bhatt were moved beyond words when a play based on their film `Daddy` was recently staged in the capital 25 years after the movie was released.
The play was staged to a rousing and overhwhelmed audience.
Mahesh Bhatt`s protege Imran Zahid played Anupam Kher’s role and two young Delhi actresses, Tanya and Simran, essayed Pooja`s role in two different stages of the narration.
They were moved. Pooja even broke down during the play.
“It was sincere and moving. I realized again, not for the first time, that nothing beats a powerful narrative. `Daddy` had such a moving story. It is relevant to date," Pooja said.
The film was based on Mahesh Bhatt’s own battle with alcoholism and his tender relationship with his eldest born Pooja. The filmmaker`s best friend Anupam had played him on screen.
Now in the stage version, when Imran Zahid took over the role, he desisted from watching Anupam’s performance.
“I wanted my interpretation of the character to be my own, and no on else’s. I am glad to say we had a great show. Pooja Bhatt got emotional as she watched her own character come alive,” said Imran.
Some of the famous songs from the film `Daddy` sung by Talat Aziz were also used in the play.
When asked, Mahesh Bhatt reacted to the play saying: “It was flawed, rough but innocent and moving.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!