Mamata Banerjee fetes Manna Dey
Bangalore: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Thursday met legendary singer Manna Dey at the latter`s daughter`s residence in Bangalore and presented him the "Vishesh Maha-Sangeet Sammaan".
Banerjee feted Dey with a medallion carrying an inscription - "Banglar Garba" (Pride of Bengal).
She also gave 94 roses to Dey as a gift. The music genius will complete 94 years next month.
Later, in a Facebook post, the chief minister described Dey as a "pride of India".
"I have come to Bangalore today just to meet Manna Dey, the legendary figure in the world of music... We shared a few personal and emotional moments which we enjoyed."
Banerjee requested Dey to visit Kolkata once as the people of Bengal would love it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of 'Aligarh': Hansal Mehta looks back at film journey
- Ayesha Takia slams haters, says 'I love myself and you should love yourself too'
- Ranveer Singh working round the clock to meet deadlines
- Hrithik Roshan to launch his own workout regime
- Rani Mukerji to make comeback with women centric film 'Hichki'