Metal bands from Maldives, France and Dubai to perform in Kolkata
Kolkata: Kolkata will reverberate with distorted notes of electric guitars and thick sounds of bass and drums on June 15 when metal bands from the Maldives, France and Dubai will come together for a musical extravaganza in the city.
Unleashing metal madness Nothnegal from Male, Maldives, Hacride from Poitiers, France, and Point of View from Dubai, UAE, will see fans headbanging at the `Moshpit Mayhem` concert in the Nazrul Mancha auditorium in the Ballygunge area of south Kolkata.
"Kolkata does not see many international acts. Most performers go to Delhi, Bangalore and other metros. This is an effort to bring international artists to the city," Kinjal Bhattacharya, managing head of e365 Media Solutions, the organisers of the event, told IANS.
Also performing during the 12-hour-long concert is Ron `Bumblefoot` Thal, currently the lead guitarist of Guns `N` Roses band.
According to Bhattacharya, metal fans will have something to boast about as Point of View`s drummer is city`s well-known artist Chirodeep Lahiri, one of the founders of popular Bangla band Krosswindz.
Though the event has been christened `Moshpit Mayhem` after `moshpit`, the term used by metal enthusiasts to describe a way of pushing and shoving as music plays on, organisers assure that there will be "no promoting or indulging in violence".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bob Dylan to receive Nobel prize in Stockholm at weekend: Academy
- Rajinikanth fans to meet on April 2 for brainstorming meet
- Babumoshai Bandookbaaz teaser poster: Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer has a rustic feel to it!
- I'm even happier: Father-to-be George Clooney
- Karan Johar takes his twins – Yash and Roohi – home
- Ugadi 2017: Here’s how the Telugu, Kannada New Year is celebrated
- Navreh 2017: How Kashmiri Pandits welcome New Year!
- Not just 'Adarsh Bhartiya Nari', Sita was a warrior, says Amish Tripathi
- Acne breakout in summer? Follow these simple steps
- Prince George to attend private school that discourages best friends