MF Husain`s son presents father`s rare portrait to AMU
Aligarh: Shamshad Husain, son of renowned painter MF Husain, Sunday presented a rare painting of his father to the Aligarh Muslim University.
Shamshad was the chief guest at the inaugural function of a three-day national workshop on "Nature Interpretation and Diorama-Making in Museum", organised by the department of museology.
Delivering the keynote address, Gulshan Kharbanda, proprietor of Akriti, New Delhi, said diorama themes that are conventionally environment-related can today be industrial, architectural or any technology to communicate about.
Highlighting the theme of the workshop, S. Asif A. Naqvi said the dioramic presentation techniques are now incorporating modern audiovisual, digital and mechanical devices and methods.
Diorama is a three-dimensional model of a landscape, event, space, scene or room, often enclosed in a glass showcase for exhibition purposes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World Heritage Day: Chola architecture photo exhibition begins at Darasuram temple
- Daniel Radcliffe returns to the New York stage
- Harry Potter author's chair sells for USD 394,000 at auction
- Third edition of 'Connections' to be blend of European, Indian artists
- Kajol’s selfie with daughter Nysa – See Pic