MF Husain`s son presents father`s rare portrait to AMU
Aligarh: Shamshad Husain, son of renowned painter MF Husain, Sunday presented a rare painting of his father to the Aligarh Muslim University.
Shamshad was the chief guest at the inaugural function of a three-day national workshop on "Nature Interpretation and Diorama-Making in Museum", organised by the department of museology.
Delivering the keynote address, Gulshan Kharbanda, proprietor of Akriti, New Delhi, said diorama themes that are conventionally environment-related can today be industrial, architectural or any technology to communicate about.
Highlighting the theme of the workshop, S. Asif A. Naqvi said the dioramic presentation techniques are now incorporating modern audiovisual, digital and mechanical devices and methods.
Diorama is a three-dimensional model of a landscape, event, space, scene or room, often enclosed in a glass showcase for exhibition purposes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranveer Singh's act in 'Bajirao Mastani' stirred me: Hrithik Roshan
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Good head of hair a real confidence booster: Priyanka Chopra
- Javed Akhtar turns 72, wife Shabana Azmi praises his 'magical persona'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Nawazuddin to promote 'Raees' in Dubai
- Raj Kapoor loved his cinema, booze, leading ladies: Rishi Kapoor
- Makar Sankranti, Pongal, Bihu wishes throng Twitter; look who said what!
- Book on Swami Vivekananda launched on his 154th birth anniversary
- How to organise a Lohri party?
- Swami Vivekananda Jayanti: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays sand art tribute on National Youth Day