Music, art in Britain amazing, says Pharrell Williams
London: `Happy` hitmaker Pharrell Williams loves to experience rainy season in Britain because he believes that it helps create "special" music.
The 41-year-old, who appeared at the Nordoff Robbins O2 Silver Clefs Awards, says rain plays its part in the country`s rich history of art, reportedly.
Speaking before accepting the Raymond Weil International Award at the ceremony at the London Hilton hotel, he said: "Music is special here. It`s not the water, it`s the vibrations from the land. It`s also to do with the climate, it`s grey, a lot of the emotions are always up and the music and art is amazing because of it.
"That sounds a little esoteric but when you think about it geographically, in places where it rains a lot, art tends to be so good. U2, (David) Bowie, Elton John, it`s all rain music."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!