Music, art in Britain amazing, says Pharrell Williams
London: `Happy` hitmaker Pharrell Williams loves to experience rainy season in Britain because he believes that it helps create "special" music.
The 41-year-old, who appeared at the Nordoff Robbins O2 Silver Clefs Awards, says rain plays its part in the country`s rich history of art, reportedly.
Speaking before accepting the Raymond Weil International Award at the ceremony at the London Hilton hotel, he said: "Music is special here. It`s not the water, it`s the vibrations from the land. It`s also to do with the climate, it`s grey, a lot of the emotions are always up and the music and art is amazing because of it.
"That sounds a little esoteric but when you think about it geographically, in places where it rains a lot, art tends to be so good. U2, (David) Bowie, Elton John, it`s all rain music."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amal Clooney's baggy floral smock sparks pregnancy rumours!
- Priyanka Chopra wins big at People's Choice Awards one more time!
- Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut's brilliant chemistry in 'Yeh Ishq Hai' song from 'Rangoon' is a must WATCH!
- 'FIR' actress Kavita Kaushik set to marry boyfriend Ronnit Biswas!
- Tracing Salman Khan's Arms Act case: Timeline
- Jallikattu ban: More Tamil celebrities lend support for traditional sport
- Raj Kapoor loved his cinema, booze, leading ladies: Rishi Kapoor
- Makar Sankranti, Pongal, Bihu wishes throng Twitter; look who said what!
- Book on Swami Vivekananda launched on his 154th birth anniversary
- How to organise a Lohri party?