My voice isn`t strong enough for Broadway: Dolly Parton
London: Country legend Dolly Parton has ruled out performing on Broadway as she is convinced her voice wouldn`t survive a lengthy stint on the stage.
The 66-year-old veteran singer is a big fan of the theatre and was even nominated for a prestigious Tony Award for writing the music and lyrics for her production `9 to 5: The Musical`, reported Showbizspy.
However, Parton is adamant she could never star in the show as her vocals just aren`t strong enough.
"I`m always amazed by the people who work on stage, that sing night after night, day after day, week in week out. I don`t have that kind of voice, I really don`t think my voice would hold up to do a show like that. That`s one of the reasons I`ve never been on Broadway. But I do take care of my voice," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why not: Kangana Ranaut on getting married more than once
- 'Madaari' Box Office collections: Irrfan Khan starrer mints Rs 5.75 crores
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!
- Can you believe it? Ranbir Kapoor-Ranveer Singh danced to 'Dilli Wali Girlfriend' setting the party on fire!- WATCH
- Pakistan to ban Sunny Leone song?