My voice isn`t strong enough for Broadway: Dolly Parton
London: Country legend Dolly Parton has ruled out performing on Broadway as she is convinced her voice wouldn`t survive a lengthy stint on the stage.
The 66-year-old veteran singer is a big fan of the theatre and was even nominated for a prestigious Tony Award for writing the music and lyrics for her production `9 to 5: The Musical`, reported Showbizspy.
However, Parton is adamant she could never star in the show as her vocals just aren`t strong enough.
"I`m always amazed by the people who work on stage, that sing night after night, day after day, week in week out. I don`t have that kind of voice, I really don`t think my voice would hold up to do a show like that. That`s one of the reasons I`ve never been on Broadway. But I do take care of my voice," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Bose's 'Poorna' trailer will make you shoutout for woman power!
- The Ghazi Attack: First week Box Office collections figures of Rana Daggubati starrer are out!
- Machine TRAILER alert! Watch Mustafa and Kiara Advani's racy romance and action!
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt's quirky antics steal the show in 'Aashiq Surrender Hua'
- Jolly LLB 2 box office collections: Akshay Kumar's impressive act crosses Rs 100 cr!
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays tribute to Lord Shiva with sand art
- Mahashivaratri: TV celebs on how Lord Shiva inspires them
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: How to celebrate this auspicious day if you are working
- Veteran Arun Kakade selected for META Lifetime Achievement
- Amazing things you can try in SPRING season!