My voice isn`t strong enough for Broadway: Dolly Parton
London: Country legend Dolly Parton has ruled out performing on Broadway as she is convinced her voice wouldn`t survive a lengthy stint on the stage.
The 66-year-old veteran singer is a big fan of the theatre and was even nominated for a prestigious Tony Award for writing the music and lyrics for her production `9 to 5: The Musical`, reported Showbizspy.
However, Parton is adamant she could never star in the show as her vocals just aren`t strong enough.
"I`m always amazed by the people who work on stage, that sing night after night, day after day, week in week out. I don`t have that kind of voice, I really don`t think my voice would hold up to do a show like that. That`s one of the reasons I`ve never been on Broadway. But I do take care of my voice," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Teenagers who feel safe at school get higher grades
- Shatrughan Sinha lauds Sonakshi's devotion to work
- Waarrior Savitri movie review: Ineffective and unimpressive
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's mushy love in 'Baar Baar Dekho' new still is just so aww!
- Christie's exhibition to highlight works of Raza, Gaitonde
- UN to issue stamp to mark Bharat Ratna MS Subbulakshmi's birth centenary
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Legendary artist S H Raza passes away
- Revealed! Vincent Van Gogh cut off his ear and gave it to Gabrielle Berlatier