Naseeruddin Shah hits out at opponents of India-Pakistani cultural exchange
Kolkata: Slamming those who are against cultural exchanges between India and Pakistan in the wake of diplomatic tensions, veteran film and theatre actor Naseeruddin Shah Monday said a section of Indians do not reciprocate the "tremendous" fascination and curiosity of the neighbours for the country.
"What I found is that there is a tremendous fascination, there is a tremendous curiosity about us in Pakistan...we do not reciprocate that...we are condescending about that ...I say they (those who are against cultural exchange) can go take a hike...I intend to continue whatever I can do in developing person to person contact," he said during a session at the third Kolkata Literary Meet here.
Nasseruddin strongly iterated about furthering "person to person contact" through his craft. The actor has conducted numerous workshops for budding artists across the border and has also starred in the Pakistani film "Zinda Bhaag".
"We seem to carry it with us all this way and its time we got rid of it and there`s nothing we can do except further and encourage person to person contact...so I will continue to go there.
"I have been working with students, talking to them, performing with them and if anybody says that I am unpatriotic, then fine I am unpatriotic."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipasha Basu's latest fashion summer hack will give you style goals – See pic
- Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan Khan parties hard at graduation bash! – Pics inside
- Men are from Mars and women from Venus, indeed – Here’s a proof
- Sooraj Pancholi flaunts toned abs, credits 'Rocky Balboa' Sylvester Stallone as his biggest inspiration – See pic
- Celina Jaitly sizzles in elegant black gown and red lips at red carpet in Dubai – See pic
- ‘Just married’ Bipasha Basu’s response to Raj Kundra’s ‘family planning’ question is epic!
- Katrina Kaif in swimsuit - Check out this pic
- Who is miffed with Vidya Balan for supporting Kangana Ranaut?
- Mother’s Day: Sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik pays beautiful tribute to Mothers
- World Heritage Day: Chola architecture photo exhibition begins at Darasuram temple