Neil Patrick Harris loses 22 pounds for broadway musical role
London: Actor Neil Patrick Harris says he lost around 22 pounds for his lead role in the Broadway musical `Hedwig and the Angry Inch`.
The 40-year-old `How I Met Your Mother` star said he had to shed the weight over the past few months in order to look like the character he plays, reported Contactmusic.
"I`m skinny. When I was filming `How I Met Your Mother`, I knew this show is coming up and it`s such a different type of role that for three or four months I`ve been doing nothing but cardio and trying to lose some weight... I lost about 22 pounds," Harris said.
The actor said he lost the weight by switching to a healthier diet and eating at a different time.
"It was pretty much a combination of (diet and exercise). I just stopped eating late. I was the kind of person who, after we put the kids down, would go to eat at like 9pm or 9.30pm," he said.
"We would order food in and by the time we ate, it was 10ish. It`s easier with kids because kids eat dinner around 5.30 or 6pm. And we would just eat with them and I would try to not eat later," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it