Northeast arts and crafts fest underway in Delhi
In an effort to bring the culture, music, food and fashion of the north-eastern states of the country to Delhi, the second edition of the North East Fest is underway in the capital.
The fest is being organised by the Ministry of Home Affairs in association with National Textile Corporation (NTC). Weavers, artisans, designers and musicians of the region have been showcasing their works. The fest began Oct 26, and is set to end Oct 29.
"A musical event, fashion shows, seminars and workshops are being organised as part of the fest. On Sunday, a seminar of the weavers of Assam was organised, and methods of technological upgradation of the handloom sector were discussed," said B.B Paul, director of the weavers` service centre with the Ministry of Textiles of the government of India.
Thirty-three women weavers and three craftsmen representing Assam police wives` welfare association are also participating in the fest, reflecting the enormous diversity of Assam`s communities.
The brand ambassador of the fest, actor Soha Ali Khan, said: "Delhi has always been looked upon as the country`s fashion capital and this gives us the right platform to truly enhance the exposure that the talent from the northeast region deserves. We are hoping that the support of the government and the media will help establish a strong network".
Pic courtesy: www.coolage.in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- Christie's exhibition to highlight works of Raza, Gaitonde
- UN to issue stamp to mark Bharat Ratna MS Subbulakshmi's birth centenary
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Legendary artist S H Raza passes away
- Revealed! Vincent Van Gogh cut off his ear and gave it to Gabrielle Berlatier