Northeast arts and crafts fest underway in Delhi
In an effort to bring the culture, music, food and fashion of the north-eastern states of the country to Delhi, the second edition of the North East Fest is underway in the capital.
The fest is being organised by the Ministry of Home Affairs in association with National Textile Corporation (NTC). Weavers, artisans, designers and musicians of the region have been showcasing their works. The fest began Oct 26, and is set to end Oct 29.
"A musical event, fashion shows, seminars and workshops are being organised as part of the fest. On Sunday, a seminar of the weavers of Assam was organised, and methods of technological upgradation of the handloom sector were discussed," said B.B Paul, director of the weavers` service centre with the Ministry of Textiles of the government of India.
Thirty-three women weavers and three craftsmen representing Assam police wives` welfare association are also participating in the fest, reflecting the enormous diversity of Assam`s communities.
The brand ambassador of the fest, actor Soha Ali Khan, said: "Delhi has always been looked upon as the country`s fashion capital and this gives us the right platform to truly enhance the exposure that the talent from the northeast region deserves. We are hoping that the support of the government and the media will help establish a strong network".
Pic courtesy: www.coolage.in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- Priyanka Chopra shows support for anti-Trump Women's March
- Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' picks up pace on weekend again
- I have learned to make peace with failure: Hrithik Roshan
- Monalisa opens up about her televised marriage with Vikrant Singh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Book lovers go gaga as cine-star Rishi Kapoor takes centrestage at Zee Jaipur Literature Festival
- Jallikattu ban: AR Rahman fasts to support the spirit of Tamil Nadu!
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: ‘The Sellout' took an emotional toll on me, says Paul Beatty
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: We are living in best time of human history, says Sadhguru