Odisha artist wins international sculpting award
Bhubaneswar: Odisha sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik has won a prize at the sand sculpting World Cup in the US, the artist said Saturday.
Pattnaik said he won the People`s Choice prize in the solo category for his sand sculpture "Save Tree, Save the Future".
The 37-year-old artist was the lone participant from India at the June 15-29 competition in Atlantic City which was attended by artists from several other countries.
Pattnaik, a native of Odisha`s beach town of Puri, about 56 kms from state capital Bhubaneswar, said that he was thankful to the people who liked his sculpture and voted for him.
Pattnaik is a recipient of the Padma Shri award and has participated in over 50 international sand sculpture championships and festivals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Kerala CM pats police for nabbing prime accused Pulsar Suni
- Akshay Kumar happy with 'Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast' song in 'Machine'!
- Efforts on to make Chiranjeevi-Pawan Kalyan film a reality
- Amitabh Bachchan declines royal invite from Queen Elizabeth II!
- CBFC refuses to certify Prakash Jha's 'Lipstick Under My Burkha'