Odisha sand artist`s sculpture to mark German win
Bhubaneswar: Internationally acclaimed sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik on Monday created a sand sculpture on the beach of Odisha`s Puri town to congratulate the German team on winning the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
Patnaik, with the help of his students, created a five-feet-tall image of a stadium with the face of German captain Philipp Lahm.
The 37-year-old Pattnaik, a native of Puri, about 55 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, is a recipient of the Padma Shri award and has participated in over 50 international sand sculpture championships and festivals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Date issues keep away Katrina Kaif from doing film for Salman Khan
- Photo album: Bipasha Basu's mehendi ceremony was a starry affair!
- You can no longer bully Alia Bhatt - Here's why
- ‘Bride’ Bipasha Basu’s father blesses her in traditional Bengali style – See Pic
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Aditya Pancholi’s reaction on being asked about Adhyayan Suman is shocking
- World Heritage Day: Chola architecture photo exhibition begins at Darasuram temple
- Daniel Radcliffe returns to the New York stage
- Harry Potter author's chair sells for USD 394,000 at auction
- Third edition of 'Connections' to be blend of European, Indian artists
- Kajol’s selfie with daughter Nysa – See Pic