Odisha sand artist`s sculpture to mark German win
Bhubaneswar: Internationally acclaimed sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik on Monday created a sand sculpture on the beach of Odisha`s Puri town to congratulate the German team on winning the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
Patnaik, with the help of his students, created a five-feet-tall image of a stadium with the face of German captain Philipp Lahm.
The 37-year-old Pattnaik, a native of Puri, about 55 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, is a recipient of the Padma Shri award and has participated in over 50 international sand sculpture championships and festivals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Rustom' trailer out: Bollywood in awe of Akshay Kumar!
- Kriti Sanon has mastered the 'lower-back' workout – This video is a proof!
- Saiyami Kher is fresh as a dewdrop: Shabana Azmi
- Salman Khan 'raped woman' remark: Varun Dhawan's reaction is the most quintessential one!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show': Sufi musicians Wadali Brothers to grace the show