Odisha sand artist`s sculpture to mark German win
Bhubaneswar: Internationally acclaimed sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik on Monday created a sand sculpture on the beach of Odisha`s Puri town to congratulate the German team on winning the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
Patnaik, with the help of his students, created a five-feet-tall image of a stadium with the face of German captain Philipp Lahm.
The 37-year-old Pattnaik, a native of Puri, about 55 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, is a recipient of the Padma Shri award and has participated in over 50 international sand sculpture championships and festivals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baywatch' trailer is out! Lifeguards Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron save the beach, Priyanka Chopra turn heads
- Manu Punjabi to re-enter the 'Bigg Boss 10' house tonight?
- Aman Verma and Vandana Lalwani all set to tie the knot on THIS date!
- Anoushka Shankar urges Maharashtra government to help horses
- Kareena Kapoor Khan’s pregnancy: Know what mom-in-law Sharmila Tagore has to say
- Jayalalithaa death: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays sand art tribute to the iconic leader
- Maharashtra government mulling to start Mangeshkar 'school of music'
- New York museum to exhibit largest collective chant of 'Om'
- Author Ruskin Bond gets Lifetime Achievement Award, bats for climate change
- Goa International Jazz Live Festival to begin today