Odisha sand artist Sudarshan Pattnaik wins international award
Bhubaneswar: Internationally acclaimed sand artist from Odisha Sudarshan Pattnaik has been congratulated by President Pratibha Patil and a host of other dignitaries for winning the Copenhagen sand art Championship- 2012.
Sudarshan, who returned here from Copenhagen on Friday, said besides the President, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has also congratulated him for his success in the prestigious international sand sculpture championship.
On his arrival at Biju Patnaik airport here, the artist was accorded a warm welcome by a large number of art lovers, fans and students of his sand art school.
Pattnaik has won the first prize in Copenhagen International sand sculpture championship 2012 held in Denmark.
Nine artists took part in the championship from various countries including Canada, Russia, Bulgaria, Ireland, England, Germany, Ukraine and Ghana, he said.
Pattnaik created a 20-ft-high sand sculpture on ‘Save the Ocean’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Brooklyn' named best British movie at BAFTA film awards
- Aamir Khan, Kangana Ranaut meet Narendra Modi over dinner
- Direction, production no more male-dominated: Javed Akhtar
- Akshay Kumar, Vidyut Jamwal to team up for Ahmed Khan's next?
- Bollywood is smitten with love bug, wishes a great Valentine's Day!