Odisha sand artist Sudarshan Pattnaik wins international award
Bhubaneswar: Internationally acclaimed sand artist from Odisha Sudarshan Pattnaik has been congratulated by President Pratibha Patil and a host of other dignitaries for winning the Copenhagen sand art Championship- 2012.
Sudarshan, who returned here from Copenhagen on Friday, said besides the President, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has also congratulated him for his success in the prestigious international sand sculpture championship.
On his arrival at Biju Patnaik airport here, the artist was accorded a warm welcome by a large number of art lovers, fans and students of his sand art school.
Pattnaik has won the first prize in Copenhagen International sand sculpture championship 2012 held in Denmark.
Nine artists took part in the championship from various countries including Canada, Russia, Bulgaria, Ireland, England, Germany, Ukraine and Ghana, he said.
Pattnaik created a 20-ft-high sand sculpture on ‘Save the Ocean’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 725: Sarla reveals the truth behind Pragya's fake pregnancy
- No clash between 'Kaabil' and 'Raees': Hrithik Roshan's thriller drama preponed
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Get set to meet Akshay Kumar aka Jolly in 'Jolly LLB 2'! Teaser poster OUT
- Maharashtra government mulling to start Mangeshkar 'school of music'
- New York museum to exhibit largest collective chant of 'Om'
- Author Ruskin Bond gets Lifetime Achievement Award, bats for climate change
- Goa International Jazz Live Festival to begin today
- B-Town celebs roped in by Hard Rock Cafe to empower underprivileged children