Opera director collapses during performance
Vienna: Vienna state opera musical director Franz Welser-Moest collapsed while conducting a Wagner opera in the Vienna State Opera, according to an official statement.
The 52-year-old director suffered a severe attack of lower back pain at the end of the first act of the four-and-a-half hour long `Parsifal`, reported Xinhua citing the statement issued Monday.
He was taken to hospital.
The Austrian musician conducted the traditional Vienna New Year concert 2013, and has worked with some of the most respected orchestras around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shilpa Shinde files FIR against 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai' producer, accuses him of sexual harassment!
- FIR against Shirish Kunder for 'insulting' UP CM Yogi Adityanath!
- Alia Bhatt achieved everything on her own: Pooja Bhatt
- Sixth sense in women key self-defence, says Vidyut Jammwal
- The Voice India...' winner wants to playback for Salman Khan
- Attention young mothers! Here are a few tips for you
- World Water Day: Five simple things you can do everyday to SAVE water
- Namami Brahmaputra theme song sung by Amitabh Bachchan, Papon unveiled
- World Water Day 2017: Sudarsan Pattnaik’s sand art will inspire you to save water
- Odissi dancers dance to Ed Sheeran’s ‘Shape of You’, prove ‘dance and music have no language barriers’