Opera director collapses during performance
Vienna: Vienna state opera musical director Franz Welser-Moest collapsed while conducting a Wagner opera in the Vienna State Opera, according to an official statement.
The 52-year-old director suffered a severe attack of lower back pain at the end of the first act of the four-and-a-half hour long `Parsifal`, reported Xinhua citing the statement issued Monday.
He was taken to hospital.
The Austrian musician conducted the traditional Vienna New Year concert 2013, and has worked with some of the most respected orchestras around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranveer Singh's act in 'Bajirao Mastani' stirred me: Hrithik Roshan
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Good head of hair a real confidence booster: Priyanka Chopra
- Javed Akhtar turns 72, wife Shabana Azmi praises his 'magical persona'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Nawazuddin to promote 'Raees' in Dubai
- Raj Kapoor loved his cinema, booze, leading ladies: Rishi Kapoor
- Makar Sankranti, Pongal, Bihu wishes throng Twitter; look who said what!
- Book on Swami Vivekananda launched on his 154th birth anniversary
- How to organise a Lohri party?
- Swami Vivekananda Jayanti: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays sand art tribute on National Youth Day