Paintings that recall fairy tales, Lord Ganesha
New Delhi: An art exhibition inspired by the fairy tale characters Cinderella and Snow White, and the Indian god, Ganesha, will be on display here June 28-30.
Artist Seema Chaudhary`s Chromophore series showcases love, longing, patient waiting and happiness.
"I have been inspired by the fairy tales Cinderella and Snow White. These stories are part of every girl`s fantasy, and through the paintings, I express childlike and innocent feelings in a simple manner," Chaudhary told IANS.
Using multiple layers and rich textures in acrylic and oil pastels, Chaudhary has essayed the expression in the eyes of a woman waiting for her lover to return to her.
Nitin Chaudhary`s inspiration is Lord Ganesha, the elephant-headed deity, in various forms. Using vibrant colours in the background, and geometric and self-textured patterns in black and white, Nitin has tried to create balance between forms, lines and colours.
The two-day exhibition has been mounted at the Open Palm Court, India Habitat Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Maharashtra government mulling to start Mangeshkar 'school of music'
- New York museum to exhibit largest collective chant of 'Om'
- Author Ruskin Bond gets Lifetime Achievement Award, bats for climate change
- Goa International Jazz Live Festival to begin today
- B-Town celebs roped in by Hard Rock Cafe to empower underprivileged children