Peter Andre to address Oxford union
London: Peter Andre has been announced as a guest speaker at Oxford University this week, which termed the singer as an "inspirational figure".
Andre, 38, who was once married to former model Katie Price, will address the Oxford Union on January 31, just days after Price spoke to the Cambridge Union, a website has reported.
"He`s got a lot of experience in the media and we think he would be a really interesting speaker for our members. We had Katie Price here last year and it was really successful and had a positive response.
"We want inspirational figures from the celebrity world who can offer an insight into their career. He is one in a line of a wide range of speakers. We are definitely not dumbing down, we are just trying to reflect the 21st century and will keep inviting important people. Celebrity culture is here to stay," said Mark Greaves, Spokesman of the University.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AR Rahman's romantic ballads steal Delhi hearts
- Influential theatre and opera director Luc Bondy dead at 67
- No one better than Ranveer, Deepika as Bajirao and Mastani: Priyanka
- Bigg Boss 9: Rimi Sen does not choose to leave house, Priya Malik wins immunity and captainship!
- Darshan Kumar excited to share screen space with Aishwarya