President presents Akademi awards
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee Friday gave away Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowships and Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards 2013 in the field of performing arts.
Mukherjee conferred three fellowships (Akademi Ratna) on Kanak Rele, R. Sathyanarayana, and Mahesh Elkunchwar.
The fellowship contains a honorarium of Rs.3 lakh, a shawl and a citation.
While nine eminent artists received the Akademi`s Awards in the field of music, eight people were honoured for theatre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actors Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner announce plans to divorce
- Donald Trump sues Univision for $500 mn over Miss USA cancellation
- Mexico drops out of Miss Universe over Donald Trump tirade
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Arshad Warsi says 'Mata ka email' song doesn't intend to hurt anyone's sentiments