President to confer Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards April 11
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will Friday present the Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowships and Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards for 2013, an official statement said.
The Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowships (Akademi Ratna) and the Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards (Akademi Puraskar) are national honours bestowed on performing artistes, teachers and scholars in the field of performing arts.
Established in 1953, the Akademi is responsible for the promotion and preservation of the country`s performing arts.
One of the important activities of the Akademi is to recognise the contribution of outstanding musicians, dancers and theatre artistes, and bestow on them its fellowships and awards.
The activity aims to create benchmarks in the practice of the performing arts.
The awards will be conferred at the Rashtrapati Bhavan here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidhu to bring Kapil Sharma and Sunil Grover TOGETHER! Here's what you should know
- Noted Yakshagana artiste Gerukatte Gangaiah Shetty collapses on stage, dies
- Former Miss India Priyadarshini Chatterjee fights for child abuse victim
- Salman Khan feels grounded, all thanks to family and friends!
- Anushka Sharma has found her long-term goal!
- Attention young mothers! Here are a few tips for you
- World Water Day: Five simple things you can do everyday to SAVE water
- Namami Brahmaputra theme song sung by Amitabh Bachchan, Papon unveiled
- World Water Day 2017: Sudarsan Pattnaik’s sand art will inspire you to save water
- Odissi dancers dance to Ed Sheeran’s ‘Shape of You’, prove ‘dance and music have no language barriers’