President to confer Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards April 11
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will Friday present the Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowships and Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards for 2013, an official statement said.
The Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowships (Akademi Ratna) and the Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards (Akademi Puraskar) are national honours bestowed on performing artistes, teachers and scholars in the field of performing arts.
Established in 1953, the Akademi is responsible for the promotion and preservation of the country`s performing arts.
One of the important activities of the Akademi is to recognise the contribution of outstanding musicians, dancers and theatre artistes, and bestow on them its fellowships and awards.
The activity aims to create benchmarks in the practice of the performing arts.
The awards will be conferred at the Rashtrapati Bhavan here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baywatch' trailer is out! Lifeguards Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron save the beach, Priyanka Chopra turn heads
- Manu Punjabi to re-enter the 'Bigg Boss 10' house tonight?
- Aman Verma and Vandana Lalwani all set to tie the knot on THIS date!
- Anoushka Shankar urges Maharashtra government to help horses
- Kareena Kapoor Khan’s pregnancy: Know what mom-in-law Sharmila Tagore has to say
- Jayalalithaa death: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays sand art tribute to the iconic leader
- Maharashtra government mulling to start Mangeshkar 'school of music'
- New York museum to exhibit largest collective chant of 'Om'
- Author Ruskin Bond gets Lifetime Achievement Award, bats for climate change
- Goa International Jazz Live Festival to begin today