Rajesh Khanna`s statue to be unveiled
Mumbai: A statue of late Rajesh Khanna, considered Bollywood`s original "superstar", will be unveiled in the country`s film capital here Thursday on his first death anniversary.
A channel Wednesday announced that the statue will be unveiled at the Walk of the Stars at Bandra Bandstand Promenade here.
"UTV Stars will commemorate Rajesh Khanna`s inimitable style and charismatic smile in a life-size brass statue. The brass statue will immortalise one of his iconic poses from his films and will be unveiled by the actor`s family amongst well-known names from the industry," read a statement from the channel.
The installation of the statue, will, however, take place early next month.
It will be placed with statues of other prominent personalities of Bollywood like Yash Chopra, Raj Kapoor and Dev Anand.
Rajesh Khanna, fondly known as Kaka in the film fraternity, began his career with ‘Aakhri Khat’ in 1966 and in a career spanning five decades, he became a superstar like no other with hits like ‘Aradhana’, ‘Do Raaste’, ‘Safar’ and ‘Anand’.
The Walk of the Stars brings fans closer to their favourite Bollywood icons by way of installing their statues and handprints.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan takes home his new car!
- Filmaker Trisha Ray directs Mahie Gill in 'Orphan Train'
- Emma Roberts to return for 'Scream Queens 2'
- Oh so sweet! 'Special visitor' Ranveer Singh meets Deepika Padukone in Toronto! - See pic
- Box Office clashes: 'Fitoor', 'Sanam Re', 'Deadpool' – Which one do you think got highest collections?