Renee Zellweger to be part of West End production
London: `Bridget Jones Diary` star Renee Zellweger is reportedly heading to London`s West End in a new stage adaptation of Paul Newman`s classic film `The Hustler`.
The 43-year-old actress has been cast in the role played by Piper Laurie in the 1961 movie as part of a new stage production which is due to open in the autumn this year, reported Daily Star.
In the film, Newman starred as pool-player and hustler `Fast Eddie` Felson, while Laurie played his girlfriend in roles which won them both Academy Awards nominations.
The play version will mark Zellweger`s first high-profile foray into theatre. Rumours previously suggested she would be appearing in `The Hustler` on Broadway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shilpa Shinde files FIR against 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai' producer, accuses him of sexual harassment!
- FIR against Shirish Kunder for 'insulting' UP CM Yogi Adityanath!
- Alia Bhatt achieved everything on her own: Pooja Bhatt
- Sixth sense in women key self-defence, says Vidyut Jammwal
- The Voice India...' winner wants to playback for Salman Khan
- Attention young mothers! Here are a few tips for you
- World Water Day: Five simple things you can do everyday to SAVE water
- Namami Brahmaputra theme song sung by Amitabh Bachchan, Papon unveiled
- World Water Day 2017: Sudarsan Pattnaik’s sand art will inspire you to save water
- Odissi dancers dance to Ed Sheeran’s ‘Shape of You’, prove ‘dance and music have no language barriers’