Renee Zellweger to be part of West End production
London: `Bridget Jones Diary` star Renee Zellweger is reportedly heading to London`s West End in a new stage adaptation of Paul Newman`s classic film `The Hustler`.
The 43-year-old actress has been cast in the role played by Piper Laurie in the 1961 movie as part of a new stage production which is due to open in the autumn this year, reported Daily Star.
In the film, Newman starred as pool-player and hustler `Fast Eddie` Felson, while Laurie played his girlfriend in roles which won them both Academy Awards nominations.
The play version will mark Zellweger`s first high-profile foray into theatre. Rumours previously suggested she would be appearing in `The Hustler` on Broadway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Ranveer Singh wants Ranbir Kapoor to date Kangana Ranaut – Here’s the Queen’s response
- The Inspiring Journey Of Classic Beauty J Jayalalithaa In The World Of Celluloid
- Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, other film stars express condolence over Jayalalithaa's demise
- Shahid Kapoor sets makeshift gym for 'Padmavati' role!
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!
- Maharashtra government mulling to start Mangeshkar 'school of music'
- New York museum to exhibit largest collective chant of 'Om'
- Author Ruskin Bond gets Lifetime Achievement Award, bats for climate change
- Goa International Jazz Live Festival to begin today
- B-Town celebs roped in by Hard Rock Cafe to empower underprivileged children