Renee Zellweger to be part of West End production
London: `Bridget Jones Diary` star Renee Zellweger is reportedly heading to London`s West End in a new stage adaptation of Paul Newman`s classic film `The Hustler`.
The 43-year-old actress has been cast in the role played by Piper Laurie in the 1961 movie as part of a new stage production which is due to open in the autumn this year, reported Daily Star.
In the film, Newman starred as pool-player and hustler `Fast Eddie` Felson, while Laurie played his girlfriend in roles which won them both Academy Awards nominations.
The play version will mark Zellweger`s first high-profile foray into theatre. Rumours previously suggested she would be appearing in `The Hustler` on Broadway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi flirts with Bhojpuri actress Monalisa, inmates fail to perform laundry task
- Jaya Bachchan says filmmaking today is all about numbers
- Sidharth Malhotra in double action avatar for 'Bang Bang 2'?
- Ajay Devgn gears up for 'Shivaay', says each role is challenging
- Padmavati: Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone will be joined by THIS actress?