Ronan Keating to make West End debut
London: Former Boyzone star Ronan Keating is set to make his theatrical stage debut in musical Once.
According to reports, the 37-year-old Irish pop star revealed that producer Barbara Broccoli, the woman behind the James Bond films, personally called and asked him to take on the role played by Glen Hansard in the hit 2006 movie in London`s West End.
"It`s scary. I never saw myself going into the West End... This is, like, a play with music, and for me it`s daunting," Keating said.
He has been preparing to play busker Guy by taking notes during a recent visit to the Broadway production.
"I`ve spent 20 years trying to be Ronan Keating, the musician, so I guess I can spend four months playing another character," he added.
The film and musical centres upon a love story between an Irish musician and a talented immigrant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aditya Pancholi may be evicted from bungalow as landlady wins legal battle
- Salman Khan, Sonam Kapoor look sizzling hot on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar
- What’s Salman Khan’s connection with ‘Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2’ cast
- Why Kris Jenner blasted former husband Caitlyn
- Miley Cyrus uses sunflowers to cover her modesty