Ronan Keating to make West End debut
London: Former Boyzone star Ronan Keating is set to make his theatrical stage debut in musical Once.
According to reports, the 37-year-old Irish pop star revealed that producer Barbara Broccoli, the woman behind the James Bond films, personally called and asked him to take on the role played by Glen Hansard in the hit 2006 movie in London`s West End.
"It`s scary. I never saw myself going into the West End... This is, like, a play with music, and for me it`s daunting," Keating said.
He has been preparing to play busker Guy by taking notes during a recent visit to the Broadway production.
"I`ve spent 20 years trying to be Ronan Keating, the musician, so I guess I can spend four months playing another character," he added.
The film and musical centres upon a love story between an Irish musician and a talented immigrant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kamal Haasan slams PETA over jallikattu, asks it to ban 'bull riding rodeos' in Trump's US
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- Priyanka Chopra shows support for anti-Trump Women's March
- Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' picks up pace on weekend again
- I have learned to make peace with failure: Hrithik Roshan
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Book lovers go gaga as cine-star Rishi Kapoor takes centrestage at Zee Jaipur Literature Festival
- Jallikattu ban: AR Rahman fasts to support the spirit of Tamil Nadu!
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: ‘The Sellout' took an emotional toll on me, says Paul Beatty
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: We are living in best time of human history, says Sadhguru