Rupert Grint set for stage debut
London: `Harry Potter` star Rupert Grint will reportedly make his stage debut after attending a play reading for Jez Butterworth`s `Mojo`.
The 24-year-old, who starred as Ron Weasley alongside Daniel Radcliffe, 23, and Emma Watson, 23, in eight Harry Potter films, has performed in a workshop for Butterworth`s `Mojo`, reported Daily Mirror.
Grint attended the play reading held by Ian Rickson, who directed the original 1995 Royal Court production, with a cast that included 35-year-old actor, Daniel Mays and Robert Sheehan, 25, of the E4 drama `Misfits`.
The gritty drama is set in Soho, London, in 1958 and focuses on a handsome rock star who gets caught in dodgy dealings involving a gangster, a club owner and band manager.
While Grint`s representatives are yet to confirm the reports, he is seemingly following in his `Harry Potter` co-star Radcliffe`s footsteps as Radcliffe appeared in the controversial `Equus` in 2007, in which he stripped off naked.
Radcliffe went on to star in a new Broadway production of `How to Succeed in Business` in 2011 and can currently be seen in West End play `The Cripple of Inishmaan`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How Jessica Alba takes care of her hair!
- Tom Cruise's 'The Mummy' trailer will send shivers down your spine
- Himesh Reshammiya reveals similarities between Salman Khan, Iulia Vantur
- Here's what Elena Kazan said after getting evicted from 'Bigg Boss' season 10
- THIS is where Shah Rukh Khan feels the 'happiest'
- Maharashtra government mulling to start Mangeshkar 'school of music'
- New York museum to exhibit largest collective chant of 'Om'
- Author Ruskin Bond gets Lifetime Achievement Award, bats for climate change
- Goa International Jazz Live Festival to begin today
- B-Town celebs roped in by Hard Rock Cafe to empower underprivileged children