Rupert Grint to make West End debut
Los Angeles: Actor Rupert Grint will make his debut on the West End theatre scene with a crime drama-based play ‘Mojo’.
‘Mojo’, inspired by real life events, is being directed by Ian Rickson, who was impressed with the 24-year-old actor`s work in the ‘Harry Potter’ franchise.
"I`d seen the Potter films with my daughter and always thought Rupert was truthful as Ron Weasley," dailymail.co.uk quoted director Rickson as saying.
"There`s something ordinary and centred about him, and in this world of Mojo you want that grittiness," Rickson added.
‘Skyfall’ actor Ben Whishaw, ‘Downton Abbey’ star Brendan Coyle and Daniel Mays from ‘The Adventures of Tintin’ will also appear in the play, which is set to open at Harold Pinter Theatre here in October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Superstar Rajinikanth requests fans not to celebrate his birthday
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Life lessons: 7 reasons why you should never give up!
- Sanjay Dutt to star in 'Bhoomi'! FIRST LOOK out
- Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor thank Gauri Khan for turning Ranbir's home into house!
- Dia Mirza joins 'Save the Children' as Artist Ambassador!
- Jayalalithaa death: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays sand art tribute to the iconic leader
- Maharashtra government mulling to start Mangeshkar 'school of music'
- New York museum to exhibit largest collective chant of 'Om'
- Author Ruskin Bond gets Lifetime Achievement Award, bats for climate change