Scarlett Johansson to show feline side with Broadway’s ‘Cat on a Hot Tin Roof’
New York: Scarlett Johansson is set to play the role of Maggie the Cat in the revival of Tennessee Williams’ ‘Cat on a Hot Tin Roof,’ Broadway bosses have revealed.
It will be the 27-year-old actress’ first time back in the theatre since she won a Tony Award in the Arthur Miller play ‘A View from a Bridge’ opposite Liev Schreiber in 2010.
Benjamin Walker, who starred in the play ‘Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson,’ will play her husband Brick.
Ciaran Hinds will be playing the role of Big Daddy, and Debra Monk will be Big Mama, a leading daily has reported.
Tony and Emmy Award-winner Rob Ashford will be directing the production.
“I am so thrilled to return to Broadway and feel incredibly fortunate to be doing so with Rob Ashford and such gifted actors,” Johansson said, when she was announced as the lead.
The new ‘Cat on a Hot Tin Roof’ production will begin its previews at the Richard Rodgers Theater on December 18 and open to public on January 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra talks about wedding plans, says 'I believe you are single until you are married'
- Alia Bhatt's Filmfare win: You will be amazed to know how father Mahesh Bhatt celebrated
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Karan Johar, Kareena Kapoor Khan did not speak to each other for almost a year – Here's why
- Makar Sankranti, Pongal, Bihu wishes throng Twitter; look who said what!
- Book on Swami Vivekananda launched on his 154th birth anniversary
- How to organise a Lohri party?
- Swami Vivekananda Jayanti: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays sand art tribute on National Youth Day
- Madame Tussauds museum gears up for DEBUT in India in June