Second theatre fest for the disabled kicks off in Sharjah
Sharjah: The 2nd Theatre Festival for the Disabled commenced here Saturday.
The event, which will last till Nov 15, has been organised by the UAE`s Social Affairs Ministry in collaboration with the executive bureau of the Council of the Ministers of Social Affairs of member countries of the Cooperation Council of the Arab States of the Gulf (GCC) and the UAE`s Theatre Society.
Seven theatrical companies are participating in the festival with performances at the Cultural Palace and the Sharjah Theatrical Institute to be staged throughout the event.
The UAE passed the Disability Act in 2006, the same year the text Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, an international human rights instrument of the United Nations intended to protect the rights and dignity of persons with disabilities, was adopted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gita Jayanti special: Celebrate the birth of Srimad Bhagavad Gita
- Yash and Radhika Pandit's wedding pictures will melt your heart
- Rajinikanth leaves Shah Rukh, Salman and Aamir behind
- Shraddha Kapoor reveals her wardrobe essentials
- Bigg Boss season 10: Wild card entry Jason Shah exits Salman Khan’s show?
- Dia Mirza joins 'Save the Children' as Artist Ambassador!
- Jayalalithaa death: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays sand art tribute to the iconic leader
- Maharashtra government mulling to start Mangeshkar 'school of music'
- New York museum to exhibit largest collective chant of 'Om'
- Author Ruskin Bond gets Lifetime Achievement Award, bats for climate change