Seema Biswas to perform-direct Hindi adaptation of Tagore`s play
Kochi: Noted theatre person and Bollywood actress, Seema Biswas will perform a one act play `Streer Patra`, a Hindi adaptation of Rabindranath Tagore`s drama, on August 27 here.
The 45 minute Hindi play, will be directed by Seema Biswas herself, a press release here said.
The 49-year-old actress will also be launching the logo of `Ekaharya`, a performance festival conducted by Rajeev Varma memorial trust at nearby Tripunithura on August 27.
Ekaharya festival will be held here from December 25-28 at the Tripunithura Kalikotta palace.
Tagore`s Streer Patra was penned down in a letter format and recounts the life experiences of the protagonist, Mrinal, who having abandoned her marital life, writes a letter to her husband.
The paradox of her life is that while her beauty is forgotten by everybody including her husband, her intelligence is a source of discomfort to all. In an attempt to curb her intelligence, the family relegates her to the periphery of the household, and denies her identity. That is when Mrinal asserts her individuality and decides to break free.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kangana Ranaut's father breaks his silence; says people unable to digest her success!
- Here’s a portal where mothers can share parenting tips
- The scorching Sun won’t damage your hair if you follow these simple tips
- Sidharth-Jacqueline's next not sequel to 'Bang Bang'
- Bipasha Basu – Karan Singh Grover wedding: Here’s what Dino Morea has to say
- World Heritage Day: Chola architecture photo exhibition begins at Darasuram temple
- Daniel Radcliffe returns to the New York stage
- Harry Potter author's chair sells for USD 394,000 at auction
- Third edition of 'Connections' to be blend of European, Indian artists
- Kajol’s selfie with daughter Nysa – See Pic