Serbian`s art to dot Bengal suburb
Kolkata: Inspired by India`s tropical forests and gardens, a Serbian artist visiting West Bengal is working on art installations that will deck up a suburban area, about 25 km from here.
Ivana Ivkovic, who hails from Serbia`s Belgrade city, is in the state for the next month and a half to craft as many as 10 drawings and one large installation, for which she looks to the Indian gardens and forests for ideas.
"I am doing my residency as part of the Bagaan Projects here. I have done a lot of travelling but the tropical forests and the gardens are really exciting and fascinating," Ivkovic told IANS here.
"The installations will be put up in Duttapukur area (in North 24-Parganas district) on the project site and they will remain there as decorations," Ivkovic said during an interaction at the Experimenter Curators` Hub, a meet of art curators from across the globe.
Ivkovic said the drawings will comprise oil colours, pastels, ink as well as pencil sketches but the focus will be on artefacts found in Indian gardens and green spaces.
"I think the way gardens are decorated here are exquisite. The window decorations too will be included in my work," she said.
The fourth edition of the Hub spread over two days was dedicated to intense individual presentations by as many as 10 curators, describing their own practice and its development with specific focus on exhibitions curated in the last three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranveer Singh's act in 'Bajirao Mastani' stirred me: Hrithik Roshan
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Good head of hair a real confidence booster: Priyanka Chopra
- Javed Akhtar turns 72, wife Shabana Azmi praises his 'magical persona'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Nawazuddin to promote 'Raees' in Dubai
- Raj Kapoor loved his cinema, booze, leading ladies: Rishi Kapoor
- Makar Sankranti, Pongal, Bihu wishes throng Twitter; look who said what!
- Book on Swami Vivekananda launched on his 154th birth anniversary
- How to organise a Lohri party?
- Swami Vivekananda Jayanti: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays sand art tribute on National Youth Day