Shabana Azmi to be part of UK play
Mumbai: Veteran actress Shabana Azmi is heading to London for two months to be part of award-winning theatre company Rifco Arts` next production `Happy Birthday Sunita`.
The play will be directed by Bryan Savery and Parvesh Kumar. The 63-year-old actress is playing a typical, middle-class, Punjabi housewife in the stage venture.
"Leaving in a few hours for UK for 2 months to act in Rifco Arts` `Happy Birthday Sunita`. Wish me luck friends. Theatre is a different ballgame," Azmi posted on Twitter.
Rifco Arts has previously produced plays such as `Britain`s Got Bhangra`, `Break The Floorboards` and `Deranged Marriage`.
Besides Azmi, the play also has actors Ameet Chana, Russell Floyd, Clara Indrani and Goldy Notay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh boy! Playboy features first Muslim woman in hijab
- 'Tum Bin 2' not a sequel: Anubhav Sinha
- Varun Dhawan SPOTTED at cancer awareness event; spends time with kids! PICS inside
- Birthday special: Top 10 Lata Mangeshkar's compositions that will make you fall in love again!
- Zindagi channel set to launch new primetime shows starting October 3! Details inside