Shabana Azmi to be part of UK play
Mumbai: Veteran actress Shabana Azmi is heading to London for two months to be part of award-winning theatre company Rifco Arts` next production `Happy Birthday Sunita`.
The play will be directed by Bryan Savery and Parvesh Kumar. The 63-year-old actress is playing a typical, middle-class, Punjabi housewife in the stage venture.
"Leaving in a few hours for UK for 2 months to act in Rifco Arts` `Happy Birthday Sunita`. Wish me luck friends. Theatre is a different ballgame," Azmi posted on Twitter.
Rifco Arts has previously produced plays such as `Britain`s Got Bhangra`, `Break The Floorboards` and `Deranged Marriage`.
Besides Azmi, the play also has actors Ameet Chana, Russell Floyd, Clara Indrani and Goldy Notay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bobby Deol’s 50th birthday: Here's how brother Sunny Deol plans to celebrate
- Comedian Bharti Singh secretly engaged? Here's the truth
- 'Beauty And The Beast' teaser poster OUT! Get ready for a magical ride
- Deepika Padukone makes black look the best colour as she steps out for 'The Late Late Show' by James Corden!
- Ellen Degeneres makes history at People's Choice Awards 2017! Check out the winners list
- Jallikattu ban: More Tamil celebrities lend support for traditional sport
- Raj Kapoor loved his cinema, booze, leading ladies: Rishi Kapoor
- Makar Sankranti, Pongal, Bihu wishes throng Twitter; look who said what!
- Book on Swami Vivekananda launched on his 154th birth anniversary
- How to organise a Lohri party?