Shabana Azmi wants ‘Tumhari Amrita’ to be revived
Mumbai: Veteran actress and social activist Shabana Azmi wants a revival of ‘Tumhari Amrita’ - a play that also featured late actor Farooque Sheikh and premiered over two decades ago.
‘Tumhari Amrita’ is a play helmed by Feroz Abbas Khan and she says she is persuading the director to revive it.
"I`m persuading Feroz Khan to revive `Tumhari Amrita’ with a fresh cast. Any ideas on who shud replace Farouque Shaikh and me as Zulfi/ Amrita?,” Shabana posted on Twitter Tuesday.
Inspired by A.R. Guerney`s ‘Love Letters’, ‘Tumhari Amrita’ is a funny, poignant, melancholic chronicle of two people would not come together and could not stay apart.
The play ran for 21 years until Farooque`s untimely death in December 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Popularity of ghazals increasing, says Rekha Bhardwaj
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- United Nation's Global Citizen Festival: Priyanka Chopra talks about humanity and youth- READ