Shabana Azmi wants ‘Tumhari Amrita’ to be revived
Mumbai: Veteran actress and social activist Shabana Azmi wants a revival of ‘Tumhari Amrita’ - a play that also featured late actor Farooque Sheikh and premiered over two decades ago.
‘Tumhari Amrita’ is a play helmed by Feroz Abbas Khan and she says she is persuading the director to revive it.
"I`m persuading Feroz Khan to revive `Tumhari Amrita’ with a fresh cast. Any ideas on who shud replace Farouque Shaikh and me as Zulfi/ Amrita?,” Shabana posted on Twitter Tuesday.
Inspired by A.R. Guerney`s ‘Love Letters’, ‘Tumhari Amrita’ is a funny, poignant, melancholic chronicle of two people would not come together and could not stay apart.
The play ran for 21 years until Farooque`s untimely death in December 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Teenagers who feel safe at school get higher grades
- Shatrughan Sinha lauds Sonakshi's devotion to work
- Waarrior Savitri movie review: Ineffective and unimpressive
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's mushy love in 'Baar Baar Dekho' new still is just so aww!
- Christie's exhibition to highlight works of Raza, Gaitonde
- UN to issue stamp to mark Bharat Ratna MS Subbulakshmi's birth centenary
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Legendary artist S H Raza passes away
- Revealed! Vincent Van Gogh cut off his ear and gave it to Gabrielle Berlatier