Shia LaBeouf to make Broadway debut
London: Actor Shia LaBeouf will make his Broadway debut opposite Alec Baldwin in forthcoming stage play ‘Orphans’.
The "Transformers" actress is to take to the stage in New York opposite Baldwin, who is returning to the prestigious theatre district for the first time since his 2004 appearance in "Twentieth Century".
Shia will play Treat, a young orphaned thief who lives with his mentally disabled younger brother Phillip and goes on to kidnap wealthy older man Harold played by Baldwin, reports contactmusic.com.
"Orphans" originally premiered in 1983 in Los Angeles and this will be the first time it has been staged on Broadway.
Previews for the production begin March 19 next year at the Schoenfeld Theatre, with official opening night happening April 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Widows break taboo by celebrating Diwali inside temple
- Konkona Sen Sharma wins top honour at Mumbai Film Fest
- 'Mango Dreams' a film about India-Pakistan partition survivor received positively at Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival
- Check out these instant snack ideas for Diwali parties
- Here's how Deepika Padukone plans to celebrate her Diwali