Sound and light show at Akbari Quila
Jaipur: Visitors to Akbari Quila in Ajmer will get to enjoy a 45-minute sound and light show narrated by renowned lyricist Gulzar from tomorrow.
The Hindi version of the show will be introduced by the state tourism minister Bina Kak.
The sound and light project has been set up on a PPP model by the state department of Archaeology and Museums and a private company at an approximate cost of Rs 2 crores, according to Ajay Sharma, Assistant Director, tourism department.
A song dedicated to revered Sufi Saint Moinuddin Chisti `Garib Nawaz` and penned by noted lyricist Prasoon Joshi, is the main attraction of the event. Playback singer Sonu Nigam has sung it and Sajid-Wajid has composed the music.
The musical extravaganza will take the audience to historic days portraying the valour of Rajput ruler Prithviraj Chauhan, the history of Mughal kings while in Ajmer, including the significant treaty signed by Jahangir and Sir Thomas Roe and the religious significance of Pushkar.
The English version of the show will be ready in a few months.
Such shows are also operational at the Amer Fort and Jantar Mantar in Jaipur, Chittorgarh fort and Kumbhalgarh fort.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bigg Boss' 10: We bet you haven’t seen these family pictures of Priyanka Jagga Muise!
- Lady Gaga doesn't like comparison with Madonna, says 'we are very different'
- Shilpa Shetty nails the desi look with élan
- Prince Narula talks about Badho Bahu co-star Rytasha Rathore, film offers and more
- 'Logan' trailer: You simply can't afford to miss Hugh Jackman's final portrayal of Wolverine
- Designing for theatre different from films: Manish Malhotra
- Annual Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav opens on Oct 15
- Rajasthan International Folk Festival opens in Jodhpur
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's Ramlila programme cancelled over opposition
- Maa Durga’s blessings for our Jawans: See Sudarsan Pattnaik’s touching sand art