Spanish police recover stolen art
Madrid: Spanish police say they have recovered artworks including pieces by Picasso, Colombian artist Fernando Botero and Spanish sculptor Eduardo Chillida that were stolen from a Madrid warehouse.
Specialized Crimes unit chief Dionisio Martin said Monday the art was found in a stolen truck in an industrial area on Madrid`s southern outskirts.
The pieces, recovered Saturday, had a total value of some (EURO)5 million ($6.5 million), Martin said.
He said 35 pieces were stolen and one remains missing. No arrests have been made so far.
Martin said the thieves had tried to sell one of Chillida`s metal sculptures to a scrap dealer.
The works were stolen on Nov. 27 by thieves who broke into the warehouse and stole a vehicle containing them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Urvashi Rautela gives 'Resham Ka Rumaal' a sexy twist in 'Great Grand Masti' – Watch here
- Cold war between Bollywood buddies Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt - All you need to know
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Jacqueline Fernandez impersonating Lisa Haydon will make you ROFL-- Watch
- Mrinal Sen is 'absolutely fine'; family rubbishes death hoax
- Beach fresh in pastel, Priyanka Chopra exhibits simplicity in new magazine cover!