Srinagar to host national level Mushaira
Srinagar: Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, is all set to host a national level poetry recitation event in which famous poets of the country will take part.
The "Kul Hind Mushaira" titled "ek sham Kashmir ke naam", organised by the state Tourism Department, will be held on November 19 and all arrangements have been put in place for its smooth conduct.
"The one-day Kul-Hind Musharia festival at Sher-i-Kashmir International Convention Centre here would be held on November 19 to attract tourists to the state during winter," Minister for Tourism Ghulam Ahmad Mir said.
Mir said many famous poets and writers of the country will participate in the `Mushaira` and reputed poets of the state will also take part in it.
The minister said about 16 poets from outside the state, including Rahat Indoori, Munawar Rana and Waseem Baralevi, have confirmed their participation in the event.
Farooq Nazki, Jalees Sheerwani, Rukhsana Jabeen and others will represent the state.
He said the poets will arrive here tomorrow and will visit the famous ski-resort of Gulmarg on Tuesday before the Mushaira starts at 4 pm.
Mir expressed hope that such events would prove beneficial for promotion of tourism in the state and attract the visitors.
He said the department is planning to make it an annual event and from next year it will be held in an open space so that more people can witness it.
He also said the tourism department is contemplating on holding an exclusive Kashmiri-language Mushaira in near future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Daddy's girl! Bipasha Basu showers birthday wishes on papa dearest! – View pic
- Urvashi Rautela gives 'Resham Ka Rumaal' a sexy twist in 'Great Grand Masti' – Watch here
- Cold war between Bollywood buddies Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt - All you need to know
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Jacqueline Fernandez impersonating Lisa Haydon will make you ROFL-- Watch
- Mrinal Sen is 'absolutely fine'; family rubbishes death hoax