Stephen Fry to make Broadway debut
London: Actor Stephen Fry will make his Broadway debut this autumn when his critically-acclaimed West End production of Twelfth Night is revived in New York.
The 55-year-old `Gosford Park` star portrayed pompous Malvolio in the all-male cast of the comedy, which launched at Shakespeare`s Globe Theatre in London before enjoying a sold-out run in the UK capital`s theatre district last year, reported Daily Star.
The show will begin previews at Manhattan`s Belasco Theatre in October as part of a Shakespeare double bill - Tony-winning actor Mark Rylance will top the bill in another former Globe production, Richard III, while he will also play lovelorn Olivia in Twelfth Night.
The plays, directed by Tim Carroll, will officially open on November 10.
Fry recently stunned fans this week by confessing to attempting suicide while working abroad last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- You cannot take your eyes off 'sloth struck' Ranveer Singh lazing around!- See it to believe it
- Dance songs should not be called item numbers: Aditi Rao Hydari
- Arbaaz Khan speaks about his character in 'Tera Intezaar'- READ
- Kangana Ranaut looking forward to next project- Know all about it!
- Do's & Donts while worshipping a Shivling—A must read!