Sudarsan Pattnaik`s 35-feet-high sand Jesus eyes Limca glory
Bhubaneswar: Internationally acclaimed sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik Tuesday created a sculpture of Jesus Christ on the beach of Puri, his home town in Odisha, on the eve of Christmas.
He said the sculpture, 35 feet high and 75 feet wide, was made after informing officials of the Limca Book of Records and hoped it found a mention in its upcoming edition.
Pattnaik sculpted it with the help of 25 students of the Sudarsan Sand Art Institute, he runs on the beach of Puri, about 56 km from the state capital Bhubaneswar.
"It includes Mother Mary and Santa Claus", said he.
About 1,000 tonnes of sand were used to make it. "We took three days to complete this job," he said. It will be on display till Jan 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Want no cookie cutter beauty queen: Lara Dutta
- Sonam Kapoor to campaign against malnutrition
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!
- Christie's exhibition to highlight works of Raza, Gaitonde
- UN to issue stamp to mark Bharat Ratna MS Subbulakshmi's birth centenary
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Legendary artist S H Raza passes away
- Revealed! Vincent Van Gogh cut off his ear and gave it to Gabrielle Berlatier