Sudarsan Pattnaik`s 35-feet-high sand Jesus eyes Limca glory
Bhubaneswar: Internationally acclaimed sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik Tuesday created a sculpture of Jesus Christ on the beach of Puri, his home town in Odisha, on the eve of Christmas.
He said the sculpture, 35 feet high and 75 feet wide, was made after informing officials of the Limca Book of Records and hoped it found a mention in its upcoming edition.
Pattnaik sculpted it with the help of 25 students of the Sudarsan Sand Art Institute, he runs on the beach of Puri, about 56 km from the state capital Bhubaneswar.
"It includes Mother Mary and Santa Claus", said he.
About 1,000 tonnes of sand were used to make it. "We took three days to complete this job," he said. It will be on display till Jan 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Never wrote open letter to PM about Dawood: Sunil Grover
- Have to be obsessive to play a character: Shah Rukh Khan
- Hrithik Roshan judges his films with first copy itself
- Honesty, sincerity behind 'Dangal' worked in its favour: Director Nitesh Tiwari
- Bollywood stars praise Yuvraj Singh's incredible century!
- 10th Jaipur Literature Festival kicks off in style; Gulzar, Anne Waldman deliver keynote address
- Jallikattu ban: More Tamil celebrities lend support for traditional sport
- Raj Kapoor loved his cinema, booze, leading ladies: Rishi Kapoor
- Makar Sankranti, Pongal, Bihu wishes throng Twitter; look who said what!
- Book on Swami Vivekananda launched on his 154th birth anniversary