Sudarsan Pattnaik`s 35-feet-high sand Jesus eyes Limca glory
Bhubaneswar: Internationally acclaimed sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik Tuesday created a sculpture of Jesus Christ on the beach of Puri, his home town in Odisha, on the eve of Christmas.
He said the sculpture, 35 feet high and 75 feet wide, was made after informing officials of the Limca Book of Records and hoped it found a mention in its upcoming edition.
Pattnaik sculpted it with the help of 25 students of the Sudarsan Sand Art Institute, he runs on the beach of Puri, about 56 km from the state capital Bhubaneswar.
"It includes Mother Mary and Santa Claus", said he.
About 1,000 tonnes of sand were used to make it. "We took three days to complete this job," he said. It will be on display till Jan 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tiger Shroff starrer 'A Flying Jatt' sequel on cards?
- Amazon Prime Video India partners with Vishesh Films
- Akshay Kumar's 'Gold' based on India's first olympic medal
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 694: Abhi saves Pragya yet again from getting killed
- I am completely against banning Pakistani actors in India: Dibakar Banerjee
- Designing for theatre different from films: Manish Malhotra
- Annual Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav opens on Oct 15
- Rajasthan International Folk Festival opens in Jodhpur
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's Ramlila programme cancelled over opposition
- Maa Durga’s blessings for our Jawans: See Sudarsan Pattnaik’s touching sand art