Sudarsan Pattnaik`s 35-feet-high sand Jesus eyes Limca glory
Bhubaneswar: Internationally acclaimed sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik Tuesday created a sculpture of Jesus Christ on the beach of Puri, his home town in Odisha, on the eve of Christmas.
He said the sculpture, 35 feet high and 75 feet wide, was made after informing officials of the Limca Book of Records and hoped it found a mention in its upcoming edition.
Pattnaik sculpted it with the help of 25 students of the Sudarsan Sand Art Institute, he runs on the beach of Puri, about 56 km from the state capital Bhubaneswar.
"It includes Mother Mary and Santa Claus", said he.
About 1,000 tonnes of sand were used to make it. "We took three days to complete this job," he said. It will be on display till Jan 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Special 'Justice League' Comic-Con 2016 footage will give you goosebumps!
- Kamal Haasan still under medical care in hospital
- 'Madaari' is outstanding, says Deepika Padukone
- Audience don't judge stars with box office numbers: John Abraham
- Unbelievable! Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' shatters Box Office, earns Rs 250 crore in India on Day 1?