Surajkund crafts fair ends
Chandigarh: The fortnight-long Surajkund international crafts fair ended in Haryana`s Faridabad district Friday.
Haryana Governor Jagannath Pahadia, who was present at the closing ceremony of the 27th edition of the fair, said the event had become a commercially viable option for hundreds of craftspersons.
The fair had nearly one million footfalls and saw an all-time record footfall of over 142,000 people Sunday (Feb 10), officials said.
President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the fair Feb 2.
Besides display of the rich culture and craftsmanship of nearly all states in the country, the fair saw participation from 20 countries.
Surajkund is located under the Aravalli mountain range.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anupam Kher to play politician in 'Welcome Back Gandhi'
- Zayn Malik deserves happiness: Rebecca Ferguson
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' crosses Rs 20 crore mark in India on opening day
- IMPPA ban on Pakistani actors has no relevance: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Karan Patel deletes his angry social media post against Pakistan – Know why